Scores from the last night of the regular season.
The playoffs start tomorrow, so it’s one off night for everyone. There were 13 games last night, so lets get to them so I can start making predictions. Predictions that have absolutely no chance of coming true, but predictions nonetheless.
The Hawks beat the Mavericks in Atlanta and that means Dallas faces Oklahoma City in the first round—a rematch of last year’s Western Conference Finals; Boston beat Milwaukee at (the new) Garden; Chicago handled Cleveland; Detroit sent Philly into the playoffs on a losing note (good luck against Chicago guys, you’re gonna need it); Houston finally won, after they had been eliminated from playoff contention a week ago; Denver went into the playoffs on a winning note, and they’ll face the Lakers rather than the Thunder; Utah will have to handle the Spurs in the first round, but they squeaked out a win against Portland last night; the Wizards beat up on the Heat’s scrubs (Miami sat their big three); Toronto made sure the Nets lost their last game as the team from New Jersey (check out their new Brooklyn logo here); Memphis beat an Orlando team no one thinks should be in the playoffs (also Dwight is a disgrace); the Knicks beat the Bobcats to give the Bobcats the worst winning percentage in NBA history, and to give New York the right to play Miami instead of Chicago; the Spurs continued to win into the playoffs, and defeated the Warriors (much to the Warriors relief, for lottery purposes); and Sacramento beat up on the Lakers without Kobe (he doesn’t care about the scoring title—god bless him).
Home teams in CAPS.
- ATLANTA HAWKS 106 - Dallas Mavericks 89
- BOSTON CELTICS 87 - Milwaukee Bucks 74
- CHICAGO BULLS 107 - Cleveland Cavaliers 75
- DETROIT PISTONS 108 - Philadelphia 76ers 86
- HOUSTON ROCKETS 84 - New Orleans Hornets 77
- Denver Nuggets 131 - Minnesota Timberwolves 102
- UTAH JAZZ 96 - Portland Trail Blazers 94
- WASHINGTON WIZARDS 107 - Miami Heat 70
- TORONTO RAPTORS 98 - New Jersey Nets 67
- MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES 88 - Orlando Magic 78
- New York Knicks 104 - CHARLOTTE BOBCATS 84
- San Antonio Spurs 107 - GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS 101
- SACRAMENTO KINGS 113 - Los Angeles Lakers 96