I ONCE CUT MY ARM,
AND THE NBA DRIBBLED OUT
2012-2013 REGULAR SEASON
2011-2012 REGULAR SEASON
(these aren't all basketball specific)
And the podcast keeps rolling along. Remember, you can subscribe to it in iTunes by clicking this link.
This week, I’m happy to bring you the Los Angeles episode with Andrew Ungvari, who stopped by to discuss his script writing career, his childhood days with The Alchemist, Kobe, Lakers, more Kobe and Lakers, how he got Magic Johnson to sign a napkin for him, and so much more.
Streaming link up top, download link below this, and because we covered so much, there’s a ton of show notes this week, which I definitely recommend reading because I wrote them.
2. Unga’s “Peking Dunk” script was inspired by this Sports Illustrated article titled “The Man Who Would Be Ming”. We called him Todd McClintock on the podcast, it’s actually Dan. We apologize, maybe.
3. Unga previously talked about “Peking Dunk” on Jensen’s “Get Up On This” podcast, in this episode with Sean O’Connor. Unga is a frequent guest and co-host on the podcast, he also guested on this episode, and co-hosted with Jensen to speak with Melissa Stephens, the rap group Overdoz and most recently Morgan Murphy.
4. One of Unga’s scripts that he discussed was “Fourteen Feet”, based on a true story of football coach Sandy Brown who used football to rehabilitate troubled kids in Texas. You can read more about it here.
5. Here’s a good write-up on former Los Angeles Rams’ Darryl Henley’s crazy story.
6. We talked briefly about Washington Wizards owner Ted Leonsis’s “list”, which he detailed in this blog post.
7. Unga is childhood friends with hip hop producer The Alchemist. I suggest you read this Complex article where he gives an oral history of some of his greatest tracks. Unga’s cameo appearance in The Whooliganz - “Put Your Hands Up” video can be viewed here.
10. We spoke at length about Kobe and his changing image through the years. Here’s Kobe’s McDonalds commercial from more than a decade ago, contrast that with his “Love Me, Hate Me” commercial. We also discussed Tiger Wood’s post-scandal Nike ad, and LeBron’s post-Decision ad campaign.
11. Unga thinks Kobe is like the old people who don’t care anymore about what people think, as detailed in Louis CK’s recent Saturday Night Live monologue.
14. Half a season of Jermaine O’Neal in exchange for Roy Hibbert did happen, and this Pacers fan thinks it’s the best deal ever for them.
15. Former Cleveland Cavaliers owner Ted Stepien is why teams can no longer trade first round picks on consecutive years.
16. The Lakers have tribute videos for just about anyone who returns to Staples, Jordan Farmar included.
18. Finally, here’s the download link to the Trilambs album on Matt Robinson’s Twitter profile.
I’m reblogging this because it features one of my favorite Tumblr writers, Steven LeBron, and someone that writes about the Lakers like a smart adult, Andrew Ungvari. Go ahead and click play to chill with these two. You’ll enjoy it. Promise.
- buynumber likes this
- jediwanab likes this
- jimiparadise likes this
- topgunphantom likes this
- eatcerealwithwater reblogged this from stevenlebron and added:
- cudi-zone likes this
- beatsrhimesandlife likes this
- fuckyeanba reblogged this from stevenlebron and added:
- stakeswerehigh likes this
- saranchana likes this
- independentlystoned likes this
- stormingthefloor reblogged this from stevenlebron
- countcenci likes this
- stormingthefloor likes this
- maddisonbond likes this
- slicesofawesome likes this
- smithywerbenjagermanjensan likes this
- dbthreee likes this
- monotronn likes this
- great--white--north likes this
- doncheftw likes this
- stevenlebron posted this